Monday 26 August 2013

Chocolate Avocado Pudding...that actually tastes like chocolate pudding

I was skeptical to try this, but it is a delicious way to get those heart-healthy fats, especially for those who don't like avocados! It actually tastes an smells like chocolate pudding.

 
 
 
You will need:
1 avocado
1 heaping teaspoon of cocoa
2 packets of Truvia or 2 big tbsps. of honey
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk (or creamy milk of your choice)
1 stemmed cherry to garnish (optional)
 
1. Cut, peel and pit the avocado and add to the blender.
2. Add in milk and blend the avocado and milk together.
3. Mix in cocoa and Truvia/honey and blend until smooth.
 
*Note: I prefer anything chocolate to be more on the bitter side, so don't be afraid to taste test and add more or less cocoa or sweetener as you desire!
 
Serve and enjoy!
 
I got this idea from http://www.mindbodygreen.com/ which is an incredible blog to check out for health and wellness. I did modify the recipe to make it my own, but I would recommend testing out their version as well!



No comments:

Post a Comment